June 30th, 2009 Project Document Report
The Kampung Boy Live
In this application, user gets to go into the black and white world which is in cartoon mood environment. The black and white will be used instead of colour to remain the originality of The Kampung Boy drawing by Lat.
Teenager, who love kampong boy cartoon and all Lat’s artwork
The goal of this application is to immerse people to feel like living in The Kampung Boy environment. All the sketch and animation was in two dimensional, so this application will be in 2D 3D application.
• to immerse people with living in The Kampung Boy environment
• to create a fresh experience for users
• to give users experience on how is it to be in a virtual world.
• to create interest on abstract art.
• to show user what behind the sketch
• to allow user for freedom in Kampung Boy sketch.
Most of this style used in motion graphic which look like 2d but it’s a 3d. The Kampung Boy environment will be in 3d sketch.
When the users run the application, first, it will show the menu which is contained Character Selection: Mat, Abu or Ana as a main character. Then the application will load and place the character inside Mat’s House. The character has to go outside to view the environment in black and white mode.
In this environment, there will be an interaction that linked to the simple game like Bird Shooting with Last Stick and Simple Fishing game. This game was intended to show the environment in The Kampung Boy.
• Navigate the environment using mouse, keyboard and joystick
• User able to walk to explore the The Kampung Boy environment
• Menu > Character Selection > Exploration > End
• User can interact other character; the character will talk about the information of The Kampung Boy
• User freely to explore the enviroment
• Different background music if user enter the simple game
June 25th, 2009 Kampung Boy OST
OST Kampung Boy
June 25th, 2009 Artist Background: Datuk Lat
Mohammad Nor Khalid or Datuk Mohd Nor Khalid (born 5 March 1951) is a well known cartoonist in Malaysia. Also known as Lat, many of his cartoons appear in the editorial pages of the Malaysian newspaper New Straits Times.
Lat was born in Kota Baru, Perak, not to be confused with Kota Bharu the capital of Kelantan. He had a wonderful talent for drawing as a child and drew excellent comics. At the age of 9, his gifted talent began to yield his family income. His first real book was Tiga Sekawan, a story about three friends who banded together to catch robbers. The book was published in his sixth year at Jalan Pasir Puteh Primary School in Ipoh. His publisher paid him 25 Ringgit for his service. By 1968, Lat was earning 100 Ringgit a month from his work.
June 18th, 2009 FYP Proposal: The Kampung Boy
- The Kampung Boy is a artwork of Datuk Mohd Nor Khalid or better known as LAT is one of the most-read and prolific cartoonists in Southeast – if not all of – Asia, and with the continued, widespread reprinting and translating of his cartoons, he is gaining worldwide fame.
- A movie, musical play, animation series, many commercials, all types of merchandise, and even a McDonald’s Kampung-burger have sprung from his works.
- His many achievements were crowned with the awarding of the very prestigious Malaysian honorific Dato’in 1994.
- Be Serious Lat
- Better Lat than Never
- Budak Kampung
- Dr. Who?!
- Entahlah Mak…
- It’s a Lat Lat Lat Lat World
- Kampung Boy: Yesterday and Today
- Keluarga SiMamat
- Lat 30 Years Later
- Lat and Gang
- Lat and His Lot Again…
- Lat as Usual
- Lat at Large
- Lat gets Lost
- Lat was Here
- Lat with a Punch
- Lat’s Lot
- Lots More Lat
- Lots of Lat
- Mat Som
- Kampung Boy
- The Portable Lat
- Town Boy
The Kampung Boy
Objective: To give different experience in Kampung Boy Series which is more interactivity.
- 12 – 18 years old
- Secondary school students
- Love The Kampung Boy Series
- Virtual Environment of kampung based on The Kampung Boy series.
- Using Virtool or Second Life as a platform for the application.
There will be another character like Ana, Abu, Mak, Abah and Opah.
This is plan where Mat’s House in the middle. And user have to go to the interaction point. As a example, interaction01 is a tree and the shooting bird game will be run.